Within our Business Plus plan, you can choose to show, hide, or require certain Work Order fields when creating or completing work orders.
This gives you more control of ensuring the Work Orders that you desire and helps you easily track all Work Orders. This ability can be found within your settings tab.
NOTE: This feature is only available on the Business Plus plan.
How to Edit your Work Order Configuration
- Navigate to Settings
- Click on Work Order Configuration
- Click on Creating a Work Order or Completing a Work Order
- By default, all fields are set to Optional
- Change any fields you’d like to Optional, Required, or Hidden
Requirements for Creating a Work Order
You can hide certain fields or make them a requirement to complete before a new work order is created!
The following items to have Optional, Hidden, or Required
- Description: The Details of the Work Order
- Priority: The urgency of the Work Order
- Images: Any Photos for the Work Order
- Assigned User: The Primary User Assigned to the Work Order
- Additional Assigned User: Other users on the Work Order
- Assigned Team: A group of users you wish to assign to the Work Order
- Assigned Asset: Choose the Asset/Unit/Equipment for the Work Order
- Assigned Location: Where the Work Order is taking place
- Due Date: When you would like the work to be done by
- Category: What type of Work Order you are performing
- Purchase Orders: On the Business Plus Plan, link any relevant Purchase Orders
- Files: Select to have files on the work order
- Signature: Choose to have a signature required to complete Work Orders
Select as Optional if you might use that field in your work orders.
Select Hidden if you do not need this field in your work orders.
Select Required if you will always need this field to show up on your work orders!
Requirements for Completing a Work Order
You can configure your work orders to hide certain fields or always make them a requirement to update in order to complete the work order.
- Files: Require Files be added to complete a Work Order (Optional or Required)
- Task: Require Tasks be accomplished to complete a Work Order (Optional or Required)
- Time: Require that time be entered to complete a Work Order (Optional, Required, or Hidden)
- Parts: Require that parts are added in order to complete a Work Order (Optional, Required, or Hidden)
- Cost: Require that cost be entered in to complete a Work Order (Optional, Required, or Hidden)