With our preventative maintenance module, you can easily create repeating work orders over a given frequency (daily, monthly, annual, etc). This way your team can move from reactive to a more proactive maintenance mindset! This article explains how to create and manage preventative/repeating work orders with our mobile/web application.
We have a few different frequencies at which a work order can repeat including daily, weekly, monthly, and annually.
If you'd like to set it to repeat on specific days of the week you can also schedule that here too. Just set your due date and time and once you mark your frequency it will repeat at that interval and time.
Learn to import your work orders so you can create multiple Preventative Maintenance work orders at once!
How to Create Preventative Maintenance/Repeating Work Orders
NOTE: On these legacy repeating work orders, you cannot edit or change the frequency once it has been created.
- On the Work Orders page, click + Create Work Order
- Enter in your Work Order Info
- Set your Due Date for the due date of the first PM
- Set your Repeating Schedule frequency
- You can select to have the repeating Work Order run off of the date of completion
- Add any other information for your work order.
- Click Add Work Order
TIP: Look for this box in the work order form.
Here is a quick GIF as an example:
How to Edit Preventative Maintenance/Repeating Work Orders
- On the Work Orders page, click the desired work order
- Click on the pencil on the top right to edit the work order
- Make desired edits
- Click Save Work Order
With Editing, we have the ability to edit the Current Version or for all of the Future Versions of the Work Order.
NOTE: On these legacy repeating work orders, you cannot edit or change the frequency once it has been created. Learn how to duplicate your work order to reconfigure the schedule of your PM!