UpKeep was created to make the lives of technicians and admins both easier and more productive. Custom workflows mean your team can double productivity quickly and efficiently. The custom Automated Workflows feature allows you to automate your Request and Work Order assignments to maximize your productivity. Now you can customize your UpKeep account to reflect exactly how your team or department operates.
Create the perfect system for your team today!
You can automatically assign priority, locations, users, teams, categories, assets, due dates, and reminders based on minimal request or work order inputs.
All plans can create up to 1 custom workflow! To add additional workflows, upgrade to the Business Plus plan.
If you’re not sure where to start, download our UpKeep Custom Workflow Planner and get organized with your team before setting up the workflows inside your account.
How to Create an Automated Workflow
- Navigate to your Settings and click on Automated Workflows.
- Select Create New Workflow
- Give your custom workflow a descriptive title
- Select the IF statement to start off this automation. See the section below on the types of automated workflows.*
- Next, choose the AND statement, such as if the work order is assigned to a specific user or location. (This step is optional but you can select additional other qualifying criteria. If you select an AND statement, an additional field will populate. You will be able to select from your existing data or type something new in.)
- You can add multiple/additional AND statements to make this workflow more specific.
- Now, choose your THEN statement, such as assigning a priority or asset to a work order.
- This will be the end of the workflow, the result of your IF (along with any AND) statements. An additional field will populate with your data or you can type something in (like a date or email).
- Finally, click Save!
Here is an example of assigning a specific team of technicians to new work orders that have a high priority:
Types of Automated Work Flows*
The following options are the start of the automated workflows and are all the available options at this time.
NOTE: Each option will present a further list of AND and THEN fields that you can select or fill out to complete the workflow. Take a look at all the options to see what you might need!
- If Work Order is Created
- If Work Order is Closed
- If Request is Created
- If Purchase Order is Created
- If Purchase Order is Updated
- If Task is updated
- If Part is updated