Keeping track of multiple assets across multiple locations can be time-consuming and frustrating. With UpKeep’s Business Plus plan, you can use the Asset Check-In and Check-Out feature so you can always stay on top of where your assets are and who has them.
You can add procedure notes for both checking-in and checking-out so everyone knows what is expected from them to use the asset and how to return it.
You’ll first want to enable the check-in and check-out feature by editing the asset.
How to Enable Check-In & Check-Out
- Go to the Assets tab
- Select the asset you want to enable check-out for.
- Click on Edit.
- Check off “Track Check-in/Check-out” to enable tracking.
- Add any steps for your “Check-In/Out Procedure” and click Submit to save the changes.
NOTE: You’ll notice that the asset now shows Check-in/Out Procedure if you have included steps on the proper procedure!
How to Use Asset Check-In/Check-Out
- Click Check Out Procedure (or Check Out if no procedure) on the asset
- Review the procedure and leave any notes that may be needed
- Then click on Check Out.
- When it’s time to check the asset back in, navigate back to the asset and click on Check-In Procedure.
- Review the procedure for checking this asset back in
- Leave any notes you need and click Check-In