Use work orders to track your maintenance. Don’t forget to add a photo to your work order, which can be especially powerful in highlighting where an issue may be!
How to Create Work Orders
- On the “Work Orders” page, click “+ Create Work Order”
- Enter in Work Order Info: Work Order TitleDetailed Description
- Set a Due Date/Work Scheduled On the date
- Add a Recurring Schedule
- Enter an Estimated Duration (this is already in hours, so just add a number)
- Select Category
- Assign Main Worker, Additional Worker, or Team (defaults to the user creating the work order)
- Select Location
- Select Asset
- Add tasks or a checklist or any files that might be helpful in completing the work order.
- Finally, click Submit!
TIP: If your assets are already assigned to a location, you can just select the asset, the location will automatically be assigned to the work order as well!
Quick web app demonstration:
TIP: You can also create Work Orders through your Asset. Click into the Asset section, select the Asset, then selecting the Work Orders tab. You will then see a + Work Order button.
How to Process your Work Orders
By processing, we mean how to complete work orders and add notes on what work may have been completed.
- On the Work Orders page, click on the desired work order
- Evaluate: Work Order Description; Location; Equipment; Parts and Tools needed to complete the job
- Move work order status to “In Progress” or start the timer.
- Complete Tasks/Checklist (if applicable)
- Choose the Part(s) and Quantity Used
- Enter Time and Cost if you'd like to manually input that
- Include Updates or messages in “Update Section” (Web App - Select Updates; Mobile App - Swipe Right or tap Updates)
- Once the work order is completed, update the status to “Complete”
How to Edit a Work Order
NOTE: This is going to be very similar to creating a work order, except you can change the details of an existing work order or add new information.
- On the “Work Orders” page, click on the desired work order
- Select the Pencil on the right side of the Work Order
- Make desired edits in the corresponding fields
- Click “Update Work Order”