Getting Started with UpKeep
Congratulations on signing up with UpKeep! We’re excited to provide you with a personalized onboarding plan to help get you and your team set-up. Getting Started with UpKeep will walk you through the process of setting up your UpKeep account.
You’re ready to start setting up your account! We’ve mapped out the steps needed to have a successful account set-up. Below you will:
- Step 1: Add People and Teams to your UpKeep account
- Step 2: Add Locations and Sub Locations
- Step 3: Add Assets and Equipment
- Step 4: Add Parts and Inventory
Step 1: Add People and Teams to your UpKeep account
- First, add your Admins: Admin users have full privilege to add others to your group, accept or deny requests, assign and modify work orders, adjust locations, assets, and inventory.
- Adding Technicians: Technician users are the users who are frequently closing out work orders, completing jobs, and are most commonly the field technician.
- Adding Requesters: Requesters have the ability to submit work order request through your Request Portal, Email, and the UpKeep mobile app. You can provide Requesters a unique login by adding them to your UpKeep account.
- Create Teams: Have departments or teams in your organization? No problem, easily assign a work order to a group or team with UpKeep's team feature.
TIP: Not sure what roles are right for your team? Check out our guide on the different User Types within UpKeep!
Step 2: Add Locations and Sub Locations
- Start with your Parent Locations: UpKeep allows you to sort and organize your assets and inventory by location. Each Location is typically a physical location.
- Adding Sub locations: Within your main location, you have the option to add sub-locations.
TIP: Need to add Locations in bulk? Learn how to mass upload your data with our import feature.
Step 3: Add Assets and Equipment
Adding Assets and Equipment: UpKeep is a database to store your assets and equipment information in one centralized location. Store and record:
- Location Information
- Manufacturer and Supplier Information
- Work Order History
- Upcoming Preventive Maintenance Work orders
TIP: Need to add Asset/Equipment in bulk? Let UpKeep can do all the heavy lifting of your data migration by importing it!
Step 4: Add Parts and Inventory
Adding Parts and Inventory: UpKeep makes it easy for teams to manage their parts and inventory. Never run out of a part again. With UpKeep you can:
- Record Part Information/Location
- Associate parts to assets or equipment
- Set Inventory Levels
- Set minimum thresholds
TIP: Getting Started with UpKeep? Join our Account Set-up and Best Practices Webinar here.